The 2017 AUSLMAT Medical Mission – all systems “GO”
ARCHIVED ARTICLE – FOR UPDATE ON TRIP, SEE “NEWS“.
We’re “full steam ahead” for the next visit commencing 01 July. Below is a map showing our anticipated journey. The towns, clinics, orphanages and hospitals, along with the accommodations and transport plans are listed below. This is one of the most important and fulfilling services we perform, so your contributions in the form of donations (hard goods and financial), and participation on a trip such as this, is highly encouraged. If you are interested in a wonderful hands-on experience, please call our President Quintus DeZylva at +61 3 9553 0120 or +61 (0)411 465 656.
AuSLMAT’s Medical Mission to Sri Lanka 2017
- Friday 30th June – arrival (*)
- Saturday 1st July – after breakfast leave for Dambulla – approx. time 3hours – pm visit Minneriya Elephant Park (personal cost as is the entire trip)
- Sunday 2nd – after breakfast – leave for Passikudah – approx time 3 hours – pm visit Ozanam Centre for differently abled children
- Monday 3rd – visit Batticaloa hospital and cardiology unit with Dr. Arulnithy – pm Valaichennai hospital and medical clinic
- Tuesday 4th – after breakfast leave for Yala from Passikudah – approx. time 6 hours – pm visit Yala wild life sanctuary (again, personal cost as is the entire trip)
- Wednesday 5th – after breakfast leave for Matara hospital – approx. time 3 hours – and then Akuressa hospital and then to Calamander Unawatuna Beach Resort
- Thursday 6th – visit Karapitiya hospital am – pm medical clinic at Weligama
- Friday 7th – visit Karapitiya hospital am
- Saturday 8th – Poya day
(*) Jennifer and Quintus will do an interview with MTV on Friday 30th and visit the De Soysa Hospital in Lunawa where we hope to send the container to.
- Colombo – Cinnamon Grand – rate US 125 + taxes
- Negombo – Jetwing Blue – bed and breakfast US 100 single; 120 double
- Dambulla – Amaya Lake – bed breakfast and dinner – single Rs 17,400; double Rs 19,125
- Passikudah – Amaya Beach – bed breakfast and dinner – single Rs 15,700; double Rs 18,500
- Yala Jetwing – bed and breakfast = single US 100 double 120 – dinner US 25 per person
- Calamander Unawatuna Beach Resort – deluxe room with breakfast and dinner – single US 140; double $150
- Twenty seat bus with driver and assistant – will pick up from airport on Friday 30th June and take the group for check-in at Jetwing Blue Negombo – the cost of transport will be shared by the group – Lara (Secretary AuSLMAT) will tell the group of the cost of each sector.
- Jennifer will have Costa and his car and I (Quintus) will have my brother Maurice’s SUV and driver. We will look after the cost of our transport.
- Jennifer will arrive in Colombo on Thursday 29th – I will be there from Wednesday 28th.
- Those arriving on Friday 30th June night can stay at Negombo Jetwing Blue and the bus will pick you up from airport.
- Those who arrive earlier than the 30th can stay with us at Cinnamon Grand and help Jennifer and me on the 30th.
More details to follow. Please let us know your availability to join so that we can assist you in booking accommodations and such (President Quintus DeZylva at +61 3 9553 0120 or +61 (0)411 465 656).